Thursday, November 1, 2012

Write enough...



It's true.

As the writing has become habit, so too, have my eyes opened... 
wider 
deeper 
longer.

I walk in the woods and the trees part above me, 
dappling the ground with gold and amber.

The crisping air carries the shouts of children further 
and 
makes the call of the goose lonelier.

I touch the earth and I know its pulsing, 
I feel its journey 
through 
each 
and 
every
sun-drenched day.

To write is to become soused in the glory of the daily 
and 
sometimes 
you can scarcely catch your breath.

It is exhilarating. 

It is terrifying.

It is rich.

World without end.

Amen.




I have joined the likes of many other bloggers who have one goal in mind:
to sweeten the world with poetry words.
Once a month, for six months, you can expect to find new
photo poetry quotes in this space, courtesy of 
I will also be sharing poetry quotes with others via email, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.


17 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! We are writing community poetry over at my place...I sure wish you'd join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is exhilarating.


    It is terrifying.


    It is rich.


    Yep, all of that. :) Love this, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Headed over to your place now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, this is so true... and the images are striking. Crisping air. Know it's pulsing. Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious precious poet, you. This is a song without notes. But the notes were they....grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wider, deep, longer . . .me too. Love this Holly. You are quite gifted you know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl. Your writing is a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, my poet friend, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, thank you so very much. I thank God for the amazing writers that surround me, who pen words of grace across my heart, and who never stop encouraging. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Lori. You're one of my original cheerleaders and you've never stopped! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, Holly. The words you chose and the words you wrote. Exquisite. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss you? so glad you are part of 5mins and you know she writes. What? Glad to have found you.with our dear friends @WCandyme

    ReplyDelete
  13. To write is to become soused in the glory of the daily best line ... well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leah, glad you found me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, as always, Diana. Won't this be a fun adventure?

    ReplyDelete