Thursday, January 29, 2009

Corners of my home


The very large and sunny window sill in the upstairs room.  This has become one of our new favorite spots in the house because of its glorious light, warmth and general charm.
Other views from around this same spot.

Our hall bathroom.  Yes, it is orange. No, I would never have picked out the color myself. BUT, I love it!  It makes a very cramped space (there is a bath/shower immediately to the left of the toilet) very tolerable.

Our "bird nest" compost pile.  We've started it behind the garage and it's "walls" are the tall, hollow grass stalks that we mowed down from our hill.  Although we've been adding to it daily, it's decompensation rate is greatly slowed by the frigid temperatures.  I'm not sure how much of it will actually be ready come Spring.

Our everyday woolens, drying after an afternoon of sledding.

1 comment: