Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pictureless

Perhaps you've noticed that my posts as of late have come sans photos.  I hate that because I love to help create a mood for what follows by sharing a glimpse into our life via photographs.  Well, their obvious absence is due to the fact that we are in deep doo-doo with regards to our computer.  We have completely, utterly, unbelievably run out of memory.  I mean totally.  I can't even upload one stinking picture.  Although we have a decent internet connection you would never know it.  All of our "energy" is taken up by everything lurking on our computer. "Everything" meaning--all my pictures.  Evidently, my camera upgrade last March did a whopping job on our computer's memory capabilities.  I believe John said something to the effect that all of the pictures that we had on the computer up until the new camera purchase (3-4 years worth) didn't take up the same amount of space on our hard drive as did just the last 10 months of pictures taken with our new camera! Yikes!  I guess that's the cost of better picture quality, eh?  It certainly doesn't help that our CD burner doesn't work so we can't save our pictures via that accessory.  We purchased what we thought was a second hard drive last month but it turns out that it seems to be only for backing up, not saving permanently.  That doesn't help us.  So, we have to figure out what to do next.  I would be lying if I didn't confess that both of us have let our minds wander into the land of "maybe we should just get a new computer..."  That would definitely solve one problem but.....really, that's not a very green solution.  I shudder when I think of adding to all of the technological refuse that has become such a problem in our day.  To our defense, though, the way computers are made these days it doesn't always make sense to try and fix your old one, especially when you can get new ones for cheaper and cheaper prices.  Blah!!  I just want to take pictures and share them with all of you.
Any computer experts out there who want to throw in their two cents on what might be the best course of action?  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment